Safety in Your Hands – An introductory workshop to personal safety (11+)
Designed for young people aged 11+ to increase confidence, resilience, personal safety awareness and basic self-defence skills.
ABOUT THE WORKSHOP
SAFETY IN YOUR HANDS workshop comes with 8 personal safety tips (PLATINUM lets you download the PDF version for easy access). Used together, students will be armed with key personal safety skills and strategies should they ever need to use them.
Personal safety & self-defence
The practical elements of personal safety will investigate situations around RESOLVEit’s four main principles: AWARENESS, AVOIDANCE, DIALOGUE and ACTION while introducing simple and effective self-defence and breakaway techniques.
- Personal space
- The shield
- Pushing away from grabs
- Single hand/Arm wrist grab release
- Double hand/Arm wrist grab release
SAFETY IN YOUR HANDS Workshop
Throughout this workshop you will:
- Be taught RESOLVEit’s 4 principles: AWARENESS, AVOIDANCE, DIALOGUE and ACTION
- Learn how to detect and avoid danger by improving self-awareness and decision
- Learn how to defuse and de-escalate common conflicts
As part of the workshop, you will have access to RESOLVEit’s SAFETY IN YOUR HANDS e-book to reinforce your learning experience!
RESOLVEit – Terms and Conditions (Downloadable PDF)
RESOLVEit – Disclaimer (Downloadable PDF)