This Tuborial will primarily consist of teaching you how to build your own Bluetooth boombox. You will receive your Bitbox kit in the post as part of the course price, the kit and the video instructions will give you everything you need to complete the course (apart from an Android mobile phone).
The Bitbox kit acts as a fun and engaging introduction to the world of coding, robotics and STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering Arts and Maths).
Learners will experience first-hand how to build a basic robotic device, being a Bluetooth boombox. They will then learn the basics of C++, build an electrical circuit out of modular components and simple strips of C++ computer code to programme a micro-controller to be able to control and play music from your mobile phone.
Learners are able to decorate and customize their boombox before playing music!
What you get as part of your this course via your code kit:
– Sustainable wooden 3D Bitbox jigsaw g
– Arduino Micro-controller board
– KY-037 Microphone
– Jumper cables
– 2 Speakers
– 2 LED rings
– Stereo Bluetooth Amplifier
*Note* You will need your own Smartphone and Tablet with access to Bluetooth and a laptop/PC.
– Anyone who wants to gain an insight into coding, electronics and engineering.
– People with no prior coding or electronics experience
– Children over 12 (younger if supervised by an adult)
– Engagement with STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts & Mathematics)
– Improved soft skills, such as team work
– Ability to program using the Arduino IDE
– Ability to understand and create introductory C++ code
– An understanding of the key principles involved in programming micro-controllers
– Improved motivation to learn additional code and electronics projects
– Development of a greater awareness of how STEM can be used in everyday instances and future careers
– Users will have their very own completed remote control boombox, they can play music via their mobile phone/tablet