Welcome to our Online CV Writing animated tutorial as part of the NPT Virtual Youth Club, designed for people starting on the exciting journey of building and planning their future careers! Creating a CV that stands out is a critical step in presenting yourself to potential employers and showcasing the unique skills and experiences that make you stand out.
In today’s dynamic job market, a well-designed CV is your passport to a world of opportunities. Whether you’re just starting out on this journey or already have some experience with making a CV, this tutorial will guide you through the process of building a CV that not only shows your qualifications but also highlights your individuality.
We understand the world of CVs can be overwhelming, especially when you’re just starting out. That’s why we’ve made these activities to simplify the process, offering practical tips, expert advice, and real-life examples to help you.
Throughout this tutorial, we will cover essential aspects of CV writing, including:
- What is a CV and when is one required
- Structuring/Formatting your CV
- Explore the key sections of a CV and understand how to organise your information for maximum impact.
- Example CV for reference
- What makes an effective CV
- Highlighting your work experience
- Skills (hard & soft) and achievements
- Writing a powerful personal statement
- Tailoring your CV for different roles
- Design and formatting tips
- Top tips
Throughout this course you’ll find practical exercises and interactive elements to help you apply what you’ve learned directly to your own CV. By the end, you’ll be equipped with the skills and knowledge to create a standout CV that opens doors to huge opportunities.
As well as the animated tutorial we also provide you with:
- A downloadable example CV
- A blank CV template for you to practise with
- A fun CV-themed card game
- A multiple-choice test to check what you’ve learnt.