Safety in Your Hands – An introductory workshop to personal safety (11+)
Designed for young people aged 11+ to increase confidence, resilience, personal safety awareness and basic self-defence skills.
ABOUT THE WORKSHOP
SAFETY IN YOUR HANDS workshop comes with 8 personal safety tips in the form of a downloadable PDF. Used together, students will be armed with key personal safety skills and strategies should they ever need to use them.
Personal safety & self-defence
The practical elements of personal safety will investigate situations around RESOLVEit’s four main principles: AWARENESS, AVOIDANCE, DIALOGUE and ACTION while introducing simple and effective self-defence and breakaway
- Personal space
- The shield
- Pushing away from grabs
- Single hand/Arm wrist grab release
- Double hand/Arm wrist grab release
SAFETY IN YOUR HANDS Workshop
Throughout this workshop you will:
- Be taught RESOLVEit’s 4 principles: AWARENESS, AVOIDANCE, DIALOGUE and ACTION
- Learn how to detect and avoid danger by improving self-awareness and decision
- Learn how to defuse and de-escalate common conflicts
As part of the workshop you will have access to RESOLVEit’s SAFETY IN YOUR HANDS e-book to reinforce your learning experience!
Personal Safety & Self-Defence videos – 7 minutes
RESOLVEit – Terms and Conditions (Downloadable PDF)