WOMEN’S DEFENDER QUIZ LEARNING MATERIALS
Below are 8 scenarios that will help you through your Women’s Defender quiz.
- Fei is on her way back from a late University lecture and wants to get home faster, she usually takes the shortcut to University in the morning but when she see’s that the shortcut at night is poorly lit. Fei decides to take the longer way home because it’s the safest route because it’s well lit.
- Sam has just finished her late night shift at the supermarket and her boyfriend is on his way to pick her up. Sam always waits in the shadows using any light to survey her surroundings because this is the safest method in lowering the risk of danger.
- Nina loves working out at the gym/house with music on to keep her motivated, but when it comes to going for her daily run outside she does not wear headphones because Nina knows it would lower her perception to potential attackers.
- Priya is approached by a car on the way to dance practice. The person in the car is asking for directions, Priya can barely hear the driver so she keeps at a safe distance and asks the driver to speak louder because it’s too dangerous to trust a stranger by standing close to the car.
- Kristy goes shopping for some new clothes with her friends on the weekend. Kristy decides to briefly split ways from her friends because she has a couple of errands to make. Kristy notices that a guy has been following her for quite awhile, she decides to head into the nearest shop and inform the shop assistant.
- Marta catches the 38 bus home after attending the bar with friends. She always makes sure she sits as close as possible to the bus driver; this lowers the risk of anyone causing harm to Marta. Sitting further away from the bus driver can increase the risk of danger because there’s a higher chance of them getting away with the crime.
- Stacey always reverses her car in into a car park parking space because it’s easier to drive off if you are ever in dangerous situation and a higher chance of someone seeing. Stacey never parks next to a pillar because you never know who could be hiding on the other side waiting for the opportunity to cause harm.
- Laura just missed her bus and it will be a long while before the next bus arrives. So she decides to is walk home. While Laura is walking home she notices a car driving rather slowly next to her, she takes the best course of action and walks the opposite direction of the moving car and head to safety.