Welcome to the Virtual Youth Club Neath Port Talbot.
The Virtual Youth club is an online platform for young people across Neath Port Talbot to engage in fun and practical activities, online.
During the first Virtual Youth Club session you will learn about Arduino coding software, STEM related subject areas and C++ coding language.
The virtual youth club will be open once a week. On Wednesday evening’s between 18:00-19:00 from 18th March.
During the first round of the Virtual Youth Club you will get to build your very own remote control surf bus.
Neath Port Talbot Youth Service will supply you with a flat pack version of the surf bus, you will build and learn how to program the kit during club sessions with online support from The clubs Tech tutors.
Your surf bus kit acts as a fun and engaging introduction to the world of coding, robotics and STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering Arts and Maths).
During the first Virtual Youth club sessions you will experience first-hand how to build a basic robotic device, learn the basics of C++ coding language, build an electrical circuit out of modular components and decorate and customize your Surf Bus before before taking it for a spin!
What you get as part of your this course via your code kit:
– Sustainably sourced wooden Surf Bus Chassis and Shell
– Idunino Microcontroller board
– Motor controller
– HC10 Bluetooth Receiver
– 12 Jumper cables (m/f)
– 2 DC 3-6V motors
– 2 Jumbo Wheels,
– 1 Universal swivel Wheel
– LearnThruTech App
*Note* You will need your own screwdriver, Smartphone or Tablet with access to the Google Play/Apple store and Bluetooth.
– Engagement with STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts & Mathematics) Improved soft skills, such as team work
– Ability to program using the Ardunino IDE
– Ability to understand and create introductory C++ code
– An understanding of the key principles involved in programming microcontrollers
– Improved motivation to learn additional code and electronics projects
– Development of a greater awareness of how STEM can be used in everyday instances and future careers
– Users will have their very own completed remote control surf bus, they can drive via their mobile phone/tablet