what you need:
– French Press / Cafetiere (But for simplicity will use french press in the course)
– 18-30gs Freshly Roasted Coffee beans (Coarsely ground show picture)
– 500ml Good quality water (Not hard water) pour at 90-94C
– Thermometer (But not essential)
– Boil the kettle and preheat your cup & french press vessel (you don’t want a cold vessels).
– Weigh then grind 18g ( for 250ml of water) or 30g (for 500ml water) of coffee to a coarse grind (Similar consistency to rock salt)
– Make sure the water temperature is around 90-94C before pouring (you don’t want to burn the coffee).
– Discard the warm water in your french press vessel only.
– Add the coffee, add enough water just to saturate grounds.
– Add the rest of the water, fill the vessel and stir once or twice
– Leave to brew for 3-4 minutes.
– Gently plunge the lid until the grounds are collected on the bottom.
– Allow to rest for a minute or so
– Now discard the warm water from your cup
– serve sit down, relax and enjoy.